Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Distracted? I think so.

This morning, as usual, I got up and went straight to the coffee maker. I poured in new water, put in a new filter, and pressed "On." As the grinder got going, I vaguely noticed through my sleep-addled state that something sounded different, but I just attributed this to my hearing loss. Everyday is an adventure when you have hearing loss.

But normally I hear the beans grinding. Can you see where I'm going with this? Yep, forgot to put in the coffee.

Last week I turned on the dryer to fluff some clothes only to find a few minutes later that I'd already folded them. This happened twice.

I'm almost afraid to cook.

7 comments:

Whirlochre said...

I've been doing some manly drilling near a plug socket and as I have no desire to electrocute myself to death, I switched the power off to play safe.

Checked the fuse three times before I figured out why the drill had stopped working.

Stacy said...

Manly drilling. I like it.

Kiersten White said...

Ah, WO, lol.

Both great stories.

My only question is whether or not there was a point to the manly drilling, or if you just needed some testosterone boosts.

Robin S. said...

You've been distracted, baby.

Run with it. Carefully!!!

fairyhedgehog said...

You guys are hysterical!

Sounds like you have a lot on your mind at the moment Freddie.

I'm not sure what your excuse is WO. It reminds me of the time I cleaned out the fridge before going off on holiday, then turned the electricity off and shut the fridge door. I never made that mistake again.

Anonymous said...

Two days ago I tried getting into the library where I work by using the remote keyring from my car. After I heard the car beep it hit me, DUH. I need to use the CARD KEY to get into the blasted library.

But so far I haven't tried to get into my car by using my card key. That's the good news.

Stacy said...

Lisa, when I had a car I did the same thing!