Thursday, January 21, 2010
Ars Memoriae is a novella by Beth Bernobich, an alternative history of England. A tight read clocking in at 80 pages, it put me in mind of Jon LeCarré's The Spy Who Came In From The Cold. I felt I was missing references. Like fairyhedgehog, I wasn't sure how much I was actually missing and how much was due to the writer deliberately being opaque. If anything, I think I would have liked the book to be longer. I liked the ending, though, and the cover is stunning.
At any rate, this was sent to me by fairyhedgehog. If you would like to read it and review it, here are the rules:
1. You must be the first person to request the book in responding to this post.
2. You must have a blog to which you post regularly.
3. You'll take a photograph of the book somewhere in your home.
4. You'll post your review and photo on your blog.
5. You send the book along to the first person who replies and will photograph/review/pass it on.