Thursday, July 30, 2009

Move

I can't tell you how excited I am about my impending move. With the cheaper rent, I'll be able to afford to eat more healthily, and a lot. I'm looking forward to zucchini and squash again—two foods D hates. (No fun cooking for one, you know.) Also looking forward to possibly having a small herb garden, something I haven't been able to do with the cats around. And chicken on the bone. And fish, which I don't even think I know how to make anymore.

But there are many things I will miss about living with D. He's remarkably laid back about my 3 a.m. bubble baths, and I will probably never have another person I live with say, "Compose as late as you want. It won't keep me up." Still, change is good, and I'm excited about this change. It feels like the exact move I need to make before moving out to L.A.

2 comments:

Robin B. said...

Yeah- any change feels weird at first, even good ones, especially ones that mean you're not leaving bad stuff behind, but only moving on because it's the thing you need to do.

Have at it, honey.

Whirlochre said...

Zucchini always sounds much tastier than courgette.

Hope the move goes well (when it happens).