Sunday, June 21, 2009

So . . .

D is off to Australia today for a work-related trip. I'd be jealous, but I have two weeks with the apartment to myself. Nice.

Moving out soon, though. Signed a lease with a classmate where the rent is a heckuva lot cheaper. I don't know how we'll get along, but it's only ten months. I'm bummed to be leaving this great apartment and stellar neighborhood, but I suspect once I stop seeing the ungodly amount of cash leaving my bank account every month, things won't hurt so bad. I'll really miss the cats, though, who are staying here. 

3 comments:

Robin B. said...

I wouldn't miss the high rent at all, but I'd miss the cats. But you know they'll be safe and happy, so that's a good thing! And you won't be sweating bullets over moolah, which is a VERY GOOD THING!

Maybe you can have at least one of them later on after graduation - when you're living in LA?

Stacy said...

Yeah, I'll be saving about 3K on the rent over the course of ten months. That's not quite half the tuition, but still a good chunk of change.

It'll be nice to feel secure for a change instead of shaky all the time.

I may arrange to take one of the cats once I finish my internship, if D's up for it. But I don't know how I'd feel about moving a cat clear across country, although I know each of them would enjoy it once we get there. We'll see!

fairyhedgehog said...

It's a shame to have to move to somewhere less nice but worrying about money is the pits. That's a lot of rent you'll be saving.