Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Check it out!

Hey, check it out! I got a comment (from the illustrious christineeldin). See below.

I've had John Cougar Mellencamp's song "Jack and Diane" running through my head for the past three days. But it's just the bridge, running as a loop:

Gonna let it rock, let it ro-oll
Let the bible belt come and save my sou-u-ol
Hold on to sixteen, as long as you ca-an
Changes come around real soon, make us women and men

Only I thought the lyrics were:

Slowly rock, let it ro-oll
Let the bottle bounce, come and save my sou-u-ol
Hold on to sixteen, as long as you ca-an
blah blah blah blah real soon, make us livin' and then

Oh.

I guess my version doesn't make much sense. "Let the bible belt come and save my soul" does work a lot better. Damn clever line, too. My respect for JCM just went up. Now if he would just politely get out of my head.

No comments: