Sunday, October 4, 2009

Creepy Limerick

I've posted a few entries to Stuart Neville's Twitfic contest for a copy of Ghosts of Belfast. Really need to learn to edit what I post, because an entry I made turned into a pretty creepy limerick:

He jilted her at the alter, so she hung herself from a rafter. Till death do us part my ass, she said, and haunted him thereafter.

It's a little too long for the rules he set, damn it. And too bad, because I think he'd really dig it since he's Irish. Irish, limerick . . . yes, bit of a stereotype. First thing I've written in months, though.

5 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

I like your limeric.

fairyhedgehog said...

Good to see you writing again!

Robin B. said...

Go for it. If it's only a tad too long, see if you can compress?

Stacy said...

Thanks, WW!

It does feel good to be writing again, Fairy. Thanks!

I may try that, Robin, but I think I'd have to withdraw my first edit. We'll see.

Sarah Laurenson said...

I like the longer form, but what you posted was good, too.