Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's All Over . . .

. . . finally!!!!!!

So now I'm off to read Johnathan Strange & Mr. Norell or whatever the hell that book was. And a couple of books written by one of my professors, Enoch's Portal and The Last Days of Madame Rey. I'm going to try to pick up The Higher Power of Lucky, but I can't guarantee anything. I still have to pick up some sheet music for a weddding I'm playing and there's only so much money in the pot, you know. *eyes pot and laments the Dickensian amount* (Amount described in Dickens novels, not the oodles of money he had, that is.)

In other news, I learned to use my imac as a disk to which I transferred all my files from my laptop. Good thing. I just realized I transferred all my writing and deleted everything from my laptop to make room for a bunch of stuff I had on a computer at school. I don't yet have Word on my imac. Potentially bad thing? At any rate, now that I don't have those files on my laptop, anything I write over break will have to be new. I really, really don't want to start a new story that I won't finish. So I guess I'll just have to buckle down and finish something.

Am I even being coherent? My brain feels a lot heavier than it should, like an anchor ready to be thrown overboard a ship.

But all pressing work is done. Yay!!!!

You know, with all the bailouts going on, I'm wondering why I and my colleagues can't get a bailout, too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Robin B. said...

Hi freddie,

Sounds good!

Glad you made it through your week. It's the pits when everything weighs down on ya, but wonderful when it's lifted at the end.

fairyhedgehog said...

I'm glad it's all over for you.

I wouldn't bother with Jonathan Strange though. Read "The End of Mr Y" instead, it's far more fun!

writtenwyrdd said...

You might consider downloading Open Office, which is freeware. My critique group partners use this, and several of them are tech writers and software developers who swear the program's pretty bomb proof.

I couldn't get into Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, fwiw.

writtenwyrdd said...

I forgot to say Open Office is a Word, Excel and a few other program replacer. it can open and save as a word file or as a docx file or rtf or whatever.

Stacy said...

Howdy, Paul.

Thanks, WW! I will try that.

Okay, but I'm already three chapters into Jonathan Strange and I like it enough to keep going, so I will. I will definitely check out The End of Mr. Y, though.

Okay, so what is everyone writing? Hmmmmmm? Yes, I know I'm one to talk when I've barely written a thing since, oh . . . August.